Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Surrendered State

I encourage you to read through Romans 6 and just meditate, and dwell on the implications of the gospel that Paul speaks of, in your own life. I only made it three verses in...

Romans 6:3
"Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?"

In this passage Paul is describing how Christians have left behind their old ways to follow Christ. He is explaining that
we have died to sin, to be made alive in Christ.

Paul brings up something tha
t is easy to overlook when thinking about life in Christ. When I think of baptism I think of birth. Of rebirth. A new life cleansed by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that is now a temple of
the Lord. Another part of our baptism in Christ, and an equally important one in that is our
baptism into his death.

His death on the cross not only mea
nt new life, but it also meant a complete separation from sin. Rom 4:25 "who was delivered up
for
our trespasses and raised for our justification", and as we accept the new life he offers, we must be baptized into his death as well. Death from our old habits, death from our sinful ways, death from every part of ourselves that is not Christ! It is impossible for us to live in sin and in Christ at the same time.

Father, help me to leave behind my sinful self. I want to live fully covered in the blood of Christ. Break me down, that I might be built up in your image. Strip me of my pride that I might have nothing left but to rest in your presence. Let your hand guide my ways and lead me down a path to see Jesus and him only.

No comments: